Thanks to hormones, all systems of our body operate as one team.
Sex hormones, in particular, influence skin health, the ratio of fat mass to lean tissue, body mass index, mood, general well-being, and ability to conceive.
An imbalance in these sex hormones can lead to:
– irregular periods;
– change in intensity of menses (heavy or scanty menstrual bleeding);
– bloody vaginal discharge between periods;
– interruption of ovulation;
– acne, hirsutism, and baldness if there is an excess of male sex hormones (testosterone).
Possible causes of this imbalance are:
– lifestyle habits: heavy physical activities, sudden weight loss or gain, injuries, illness, traveling, nutrition habits, drugs administration;
– a disorder of other body organs: thyroid gland, pituitary gland, or adrenal gland;
– gynecological disorders: endometriosis, inflammation of pelvic organs, myoma, multi follicular ovaries, or cystic ovaries.
It’s very important to understand any changes that occur in your health so don’t ignore the signals from your body.